FREE SHOESDAY PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1) ELIGIBILITY: The FREE SHOESDAY PROMOTION ("Sweepstakes"), sponsored by DSW ("Sponsor"), is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and of the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, who have a valid email address and who are DSW Rewards members. Void where prohibited by law.
If you are not currently a member of the DSW Rewards Program, sign up at https://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/user/newRegistration.jsp. Please review all of the terms and conditions carefully before completing your enrollment form.
Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, and Sponsor's affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all other entities directly associated with this Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family members and members of the same household of any of the above are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate. Entrants are eligible to win only one (1) Sweepstakes in any One Hundred Eighty (180) day period.
2) TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins on February 1, 2013 at 12:00 am (EST) and ends on February 1, 2014 at 11:59 pm (EST) (the "Sweepstakes Period"). During the Sweepstakes Period, the Sweepstakes will take place every Tuesday between 12:00 pm EST and 1:00 pm EST ("Entry Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3) HOW TO ENTER: During each Entry Period, Sponsor will post a trivia question on www.facebook.com/dsw. Entrants must submit their answer to the trivia question and DSW Rewards member number in the provided Entry form during the current Entry Period. Entries must not be in violation of any third party rights, in violation of any other law, or inconsistent with the image of the Sponsor; and must not be inappropriate or offensive. Entries that violate any of the above requirements as deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion shall be void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, deleted, incomplete, or late entries.
One (1) entry per person, per email address, and per household.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Sweepstakes will be deemed to be the Entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4) SELECTION OF WINNER: Each Entry Period, Sponsor, or a representative of Sponsor, will randomly select thirty (30) winners from the entrants who correctly answer the trivia question. All potential Sweepstakes winners will be notified by Sponsor via email. Prizes will be awarded upon verification by Sponsor that all Sweepstakes requirements have been met by the potential winners. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of Prizes will be allowed, unless at the discretion of the Sponsor which may substitute a Prize of comparable or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Each potential winner will have forty eight (48) hours from the time Sponsor sends notification to accept and complete the official winner notification email requests before receipt of the Prize.
If potential winner does not claim prize by responding to notification within forty eight (48) hours or if potential winner is deemed ineligible, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules; and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by randomly selecting from among all remaining eligible entries. Alternate winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Odds of winning cannot be determined since number of entries is not capped.
Claiming a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
5) PRIZES: Each prize winner will receive either one (1) DSW bonus card with a face value of fifty dollars ($50) OR merchandise to be selected by Sponsor. Sponsor will use its sole discretion to determine the prizes for each Entry Period. The prize winners will receive an e-mail from Sponsor with additional instructions on how to collect prize. The approximate retail value (ARV) for the bonus card prize is fifty ($50.00) dollars. The ARV for the merchandise prizes will be determined at the time of the current Entry Period when such prize will be given away. Additional prizes may be awarded at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
DSW bonus card expiration date can be found on the back of the Card. Card can be used to purchase merchandise at any DSW Store location in the USA or via the internet at dsw.com. The card may not be exchanged for cash. If lost or stolen, this bonus card cannot be replaced. Any DSW card balance remaining may be used for future purchases. Usage and redemption of the Bonus Card is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuing entity.
6) GENERAL: No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations apply. Any Entrant suspected of tampering with or disrupting any aspect of the Sweepstakes will be disqualified. All decisions of Sponsor are final. By your participation in the Sweepstakes, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules as well as Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes, just as if you had signed this Agreement, (ii) represent and warrant that your entry is original, owned by you, and not previously published, (iii) agree to release, indemnify, and hold Sponsor and Sponsor's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, and damages of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from your participation in the Sweepstakes, your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, and (iv) grant Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicensable, transferable right to exploit the copyright in your entry in any media now known or hereafter invented, without compensation or notification, except as prohibited by law.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
If you do not comply with these Official Rules at any time, Sponsor reserves the right to deem your entry in the Sweepstakes ineligible. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant who engages in harassment or bullying. If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not operating as intended, as a result of infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may award prizes by randomly selecting winners from the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment.
7) PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, nationwide, without further payment or consideration.
8) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (ii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iii) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY; OR (iv) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES. Some jurisdictions may not permit limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties. Check your local laws to determine if any of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9) DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Ohio. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio.
10) WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.